The CJBA is a branch of the New Jersey Beekeepers Association whose focus is to promote beekeeping throughout the state. The CJBA serves Middlesex, Mercer, Monmouth, Ocean and Burlington counties.
Our mission is to:
- Promote and support all aspects of beekeeping in Central Jersey
- Educate the general public about the benefits and importance of beekeeping
- Dispel myths and misinformation concerning the honey bee
- Promote the honey bee and the beekeeping industry
- Provide resources and communication to the beekeeping community
To learn more or if interested in becoming a member, we welcome you to join us at our General Membership Meetings, check the calendar for the next meeting. You may also contact us at anytime, check the Contact page for more details.
Monmouth County Fair Volunteers Needed
If you are interested in working the CJBA booth at the Monmouth County Fair, contact George Sereduk, CLICK HERE.
Don't forget to enter your honey and wax products for the Fair. Details about the entry process can be found HERE.
If you can't make it the fair to drop your entries:
1. please contact Peter or George for drop off locations by July 18.
2. CLICK HERE for the registration form ONLY if you are dropping entries off to Peter or George.
Report a Swarm
If you have collected a swarm or know someone that has, please report it HERE. This information helps us understand where and when swarms are occurring to possibly predict future activity and provide guidance to the beekeeping community.
If you need a swarm removed, look HERE for someone near you that can assist.
Call For Speakers
We welcome your suggestions for a dynamic speaker
or a topic that you find exciting for our
meetings. Please contact our first vice
Zalamea or our president, Peter Cheney,
with your thoughts.
We Need Your Help
To help keep this site up-to-date and informative,
please send us any content about beekeeping you
think would benefit our members.
Click here to email us your suggestions, content and links.
CJBA Honey Extractors
CJBA has 2 extractors available for members to use
at no charge. Due to the high demand for use
of the extractors there is a ONE WEEK LIMIT
use of them. Extractors must be returned cleaned and
in working order.
To borrow one, please make arrangements with the
extractor manager closer to you. Pick-up and
drop-off dates and times will be based on
availablility of the equipment and the manager.
- Bob Hughes in Yardley at 609 585-4359
- Ray Pogwist in Ocean Twp. at email@example.com or call 732 774-0983
CJBA on Facebook