The CJBA is a branch of the New Jersey Beekeepers Association whose focus is to promote beekeeping throughout the state. The CJBA serves Middlesex, Mercer, Monmouth, Ocean and Burlington counties.
Our mission is to:
- Promote and support all aspects of beekeeping in Central Jersey
- Educate the general public about the benefits and importance of beekeeping
- Dispel myths and misinformation concerning the honey bee
- Promote the honey bee and the beekeeping industry
- Provide resources and communication to the beekeeping community
To learn more or if interested in becoming a member, we welcome you to join us at our General Membership Meetings, check the calendar for the next meeting. You may also contact us at anytime, check the Contact page for more details.
Next Meeting September 12
Held at the Agricultural Building in Freehold
- 6:30 pm Light Refreshments in the Lunch Room
- 7:30 pm Guest Speaker Dave Hackenberg
- Followed by the business meeting
New members are welcome, if you've joined this year and have not received your CJBA Welcome Packet, please stick around for the business meeting to get yours.
Want to make a difference with pollinators, join the CJBA board, one of the committees, or request to start your own committee.
- Elections are held in November for officer positions, now is the time to throw your hat in.
- Committees accept members anytime.
- New ideas, action items and concerns are welcome to be heard at each meeting. You can reach out to one of the officers anytime before a meeting to discuss how to propose your topic.
Report a Swarm
If you have collected a swarm or know someone that
has, please report it HERE. This
information helps us understand where and when
swarms are occurring to possibly predict future
activity and provide guidance to the beekeeping
If you need a swarm removed, look HERE for someone near you that can assist.
Call For Speakers
We welcome your suggestions for a dynamic speaker
or a topic that you find exciting for our
meetings. Please contact our first vice
Zalamea or our president, Peter Cheney,
with your thoughts.
We Need Your Help
To help keep this site up-to-date and informative,
please send us any content about beekeeping you
think would benefit our members.
Click here to email us your suggestions, content and links.
CJBA Honey Extractors
CJBA has 2 extractors available for members to use
at no charge. Due to the high demand for use
of the extractors there is a ONE WEEK LIMIT
use of them. Extractors must be returned cleaned and
in working order.
To borrow one, please make arrangements with the
extractor manager closer to you. Pick-up and
drop-off dates and times will be based on
availablility of the equipment and the manager.
- Bob Hughes in Yardley at 609 585-4359
- Ray Pogwist in Ocean Twp. at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 732 774-0983
CJBA on Facebook